Being a Prepper's Wife, is a role I have grown into over the last 12 years.
The goal of this blog is to assist others with the practical preparations for family without spending as much money.
The American Dream has turned into a nightmare for so many...Whatever your reason for wanting to "prep" or "stock up"on this site we will discuss the how to do it, and do it for less.
I will be making the following assumptions:
~ You either are already a prepper, or you want to begin to prep your family
~ You're willing to do some research (you need some inside information from your family to make this work)
~ You're willing to learn.
Take a moment and think about the following things:
1. WHY do you feel you need/want to be practically prepared?
2. Does your significant other know YOUR why?
3. Do you have a family goal on what you want to do? (its OK to say no we'll work on this)
4. How many people are you preparing for? You may be thinking this is an easy answer by counting noses of who lives under your roof but it isn't that simple. If the power goes out today ~ never to come back on ~ who would end up at your house? How many folks?
5. Are you prepared to get prepared?
Step 1 - 72 Hour Supply
Step 2 - 30 days of supplys
Step 3 - 6 months- 1 year
Step 4 ~ Anything beyond a year some jump to 3 yrs on some items 5 yrs on others
We have 5 children at home, 2 out in the world on their own with relationships, families. My parents live a couple of blocks away ~ When we discuss stockpiles and family inventory I want you to understand planning meals and household supplies for 10 people isn't easy or cheap. For that reason, when something goes on sale, we buy it. When it's free we buy ALOT of it. Free? How do we get supplies for free or near free? With coupons! How crazy is that? You wouldn't believe how much it saves. Just by watching sales and matching up coupons I have been able to get things to stock for barter, plus meet our family goals for how much we want to keep on hand at all times but we'll get to that in a moment. First things first...
What do I need to prep for? Oh Darlin' if you're seriously asking that I need to remind you of everything that's going on in the world? All the natural disasters, slow economic collapse, man made disasters?
Here's a great place to start with your personal research:
Print complete guide ( takes you to the PDF version 214 pages)