(Verify everyone’s sizes!! Children grow!)
- light weight sweater/jacket
- wet weather jacket/poncho
- heavy jacket/coat
- cold weather shoes
- good pair of tennis shoes/sneakers
- at least 5 pairs of long pants
- at least 5 long sleeve shirts
- heavy comforter
- mid weight blanket
- flannel sheets
- 2 extra blankets
- A sleeping bag for every family member
Aside from your everyday emergency supplies what if you were without power for a week during the winter? How would you heat your home and keep your family warm? DO you have small children or elderly folks to consider?
If you don't already have one get/create a Winter Emergency Supply Kit which includes items like:
- non-perishable food
- battery-powered or hand-crank radio,
- extra flashlights and batteries.
- Rock salt /kitty litter other products to melt ice on walkways.
- Sand to improve traction Snow shovels and other snow removal equipment.
- Also include adequate clothing and blankets to keep you warm.
- Alternate way to heat your home safely